- Collection Management
- Reference & Research Service
- Special Collection
- Alabama Mens Hall of Fame
- Learning Applications Group
- Kim Herndon, Dean of University Library
- Lori Northrup, Associate Dean
- Eric Allen, Secretary
- Contact: 726-2846 or email@example.com
Admininstration offices are located on the first floor, Room 131, of the University Library.
The library is often described as the "hub of a university" and at Samford it literally is at the center of the campus. The library as place has been and is important to the Samford community for the building houses valuable resources and our technology provides access to many subscription online databases, periodicals, and reference books. I hope that in your experience you will find service oriented librarians and staff who will assist all who come.
The Cataloging department is located on the fourth floor, Room 430, of the University Library.
The Cataloging Unit of Samford University Library prepares library materials for patron use.
- Cheryl Cecil, Chair, Librarian
- See all Circulation staff
- Circulation Desk: (205) 726-2748 | Hours Hotline: 726-4015
The Circulation Desk located on the first floor, near the front entrance of the University Library.
Visit Borrowing Services for more information about the department and services for faculty, staff, students and community users.
Visit Collections for more information about individual library collections.
- Lori Northrup, Chair, Associate Dean
- Contact: (205) 726-2518 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interlibrary Loan: (205) 726-2983 or email@example.com
Collection Management is located on the fourth floor, Room 410, of the University Library.
True to the mission of the library, the development and management of the collection serve to support " the curriculum of the University by acquiring, organizing, and preserving a broad well-balanced spectrum of information." These responsibilities and the selecting, licensing and subscribing to electronic databases are those of the collection management librarian. Selection and weeding are accomplished with the cooperation of the teaching faculty and librarians.
Suggestions for library materials are welcomed from anyone in the University community.
A written Collection Development Policy is in place. The policy is intended as the operational and conceptual framework for management of library materials in the University Library. The collecting interests of Special Collection are identified as well as operational statements for handling gifts and donations and the deselect ion of materials.
Collection Management administrates Acquistions and Interlibrary Loan/Resource Retrieval.
- Regina Coleman, Acquisitions Coordinator, Subscriptions Specialist
- Debbie Strickland, Acquisitions Coordinator, Monographs and Media Specialist
The Acquisitions department of Samford University Library acquires library materials, both purchases and gifts, in all formats. Hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
Interlibrary Loan / Document Delivery
- Erica Calvert, Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery Coordinator
Interlibrary Loan & Document Delivery borrows materials from other libraries for Samford faculty, students, and staff.
Visit Interlibrary Loan / Resource Retrieval. Hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:30 pm.
Reference and Research Services
- Carla Waddell, Chair, Librarian
- See all Reference & Research Services staff
- Reference Desk: (205) 726-2196 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Government Documents: (205) 726-2755
Reference and Research Services are located on the second floor of the Samford University Library.
Visit Reference and Research Services for more information or assistance.
- Jennifer Taylor, Chair, Librarian
- See all Special Collection staff
- Contact: (205) 726-2749 or email@example.com
The Special Collection department is located on the lower level of the Samford University Library and is open to the public Monday thru Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm. Check the library's hours for special closings. SC material is restricted to use within the collection.
Visit the Special Collection department online.Special Collection also administrates: The Microfilm Laboratory and Samford University Archives.
- Ed Cherry, Systems Librarian
- Catherine Evans, Technology Assistant
- Contact: (205) 726-2506 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Systems Unit supports the online library system and broader technology needs for the university library.
- Special Collection Treasures
- Community News