Conference Room Use
The conference room is available for use during normal library operating hours to any Samford University group excluding regularly scheduled classes.
A group may reserve room 235 for an extended period; however, the Director's office reserves the right to reschedule the room for certain occasions. The group's leader will be given at least one week's notice.
Contact the Library Office Secretary, 726-2846, to reserve or for more information.
The room is equipped with audio and video systems suitable for group meetings. Wireless microphones are available for both hand-held and lapel use. The permanently installed, rear-screen projection system supports computer and video projection. A VCR is provided for videotape viewing. A computer is not provided but connections to the projection system are easily accessible for use with your computer. A computer network connection is available. An overhead projector is available. If your use of the conference room would include use of any of this equipment, this should be noted at the time of your reservation so that proper arrangements can be made.
- Pick up the key at the circulation desk. Conference room 235 is located on the second floor.
- Plan to arrive in time to arrange the room to your specifications. The chairs and tables are easily moved. It is not necessary to return the furniture to its original position.
- For temporary signage, use post-it notes or announcement frames supplied by the library.
Do not use any kind of tape on walls or doors.
- Food and drink are allowed, but must be consumed in the Conference Room. Marriott is the University's caterer.
- Activities should not generate noise that will disturb library users. If a large group is entering or exiting at the same time, encourage them to observe normal library guidelines for quiet.
- Use the trash cans provided and leave the room in a usable condition.
(A cleaning fee may be charged if the room is left unfit for use.)
- Lock the door(s) when finished and return the key to the Circulation Desk.