Popular Magazine


Where are they?
What are they?

Scholarly Journal

All of the University library's periodicals are located on the first floor and lower level of the library*. The first floor houses the print and microform periodicals from 1980 to the present and the lower level room called the Annex houses print and microform periodicals older than 1980. If you want to know exactly where on the floor the periodicals are located take a look at the floor maps for the first floor and the lower level.

Magazines and journals are called periodicals because they are issued on a regular or "periodic" basis. Periodicals are usually separated into two major groups: popular and scholarly. If you are able to recognize the differences between a popular and scholarly source, you can focus your research to retrieve only the type of articles you need.

On the next two pages use your mouse to see the features of each.