The Reserve Desk at Circulation serves the University by providing a small, separate collection of books and materials for supplementary educational usage. Library owned materials may be placed "on reserve" in addition to personal copies of materials. Current faculty and staff may request that materials be placed on reserve for class use. Requests can be made in person or by using the reserve form. The online form should be used only for items the library already owns. Personal materials should be brought to the library. Reserve requests will be processed as quickly as possible in the order received. Although the staff takes all reasonable precautions, the library is not responsible for any damage or loss of personal materials placed on reserve.
- All photocopies should be supplied by the professor (maximum of 5 copies per article)
- Non-circulating materials, including all reference and periodical materials, will not be placed on reserve. If there is need, professors may photocopy these materials and place the photocopies on reserve.
- Instructors are responsible for complying with copyright laws
At the end of each semester, all materials will be taken off Reserve. Any personal materials that have not been picked up will be returned to the professor.
Reserve items are located at the Main Desk on the First Floor in the University Library. Each professor determines the loan period for his/her items. A professor may place an item on Room Reserve (1, 2 or 3 hour limits), or the professor may choose to allow the item out of the library for 1, 3, 5 or 7 day checkouts. Room reserve, without a set hour limit, indicates that the item may be checked out until the library closes but must not be taken out of the building.
Reserve Fines are as follows:
- Overdue fine: $.25 per hour
- Unauthorized Removal Fine: $10.00 per item