Study rooms are kept locked and are available for Samford undergraduate and graduate students with the exception of Law students. Law students should use study rooms in the Law Library. Keys for study rooms are handled by the main Circulation Desk. Second floor study rooms are available for group study of two (2) or more students. Third floor study rooms are available for individuals and may accomodate one (1) to two (2) students.
Study rooms 211, 217, and 236 are equipped with Solstice Pods and wall-mounted flat panel displays. Solstice enables students to connect to a wall-mounted display and share media using their laptops or mobile devices. For students who do not want to download the Solstice app, Solstice also supports Airplay and Mireacast streaming protocols. Students may also connect their devices directly using the HDMI cable provided in the room. Some HDMI adaptors are available at the Circulation Desk for room use. Specific instructions for using Solstice are displayed on screen when the room's display is turned on. Students may request access to Solstice-equipped study rooms at the Circulation Desk.
All Solstice questions should be directed to the Circulation Desk in person or by phone 205-726-2748
Study rooms may not be reserved
- Study rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Visit the main Circulation Desk, 1st floor, to checkout key.
- A student may not checkout a group study room for individual use.
- All study rooms may be used for a 2-hour block, per person/group. If there is no one waiting for a study room, an additional 2- hour block may be obtained by renewing the key at the Circulation desk where it was originally checked out.
- The student checking out the key is responsible for returning the key to the Circulation desk.
Overdue and Fines
All fees will be added to the library account of the person who checked out the key
- Late key return results in $5.00 per hour fines
- Unauthorized removal of keys from the University Library results in a $10 charge
- Lost key replacement fee is $50.00
- Repair costs to fix any damage to the room will be charged to the person who checked out the key. The person who checks out the key to the study room is responsible for the condition of the room.
- Small study rooms accomodate indivduals, one (1) to two (2) students. Additional individual study space is found on 3rd floor and in carrels around the perimeter of the library on 2nd and 3rd floors.
- Group study rooms accomodate two (2) or more students. Additional group study space is found on 1st floor and outside the Special Collection department on the Lower Level.
- Each room is equipped with the number of chairs that the room will accommodate. Please do not remove chairs from nearby study spaces.
- Rooms are not sound-proofed. Users should be sensitive to the need for quiet to avoid disturbing other library users.
- Food and drink, cell phone, and other library policies are enforced in study rooms. If these policies are broken, patrons may be asked to leave the study room.
Students not in compliance with these guidelines may be asked to leave and be barred from future study room use.