Newspapers and Periodicals Collection
The collection houses a wide range of newspapers and periodicals relating to Alabama and the South East, as well as important early American periodicals, such as Godey's Ladies Book. The collection focuses on Alabama and religious life.
Over 400 Alabama Newspaper titles are available and are included in the Library Catalog.
Most local history periodicals, such as historical society newsletters, published in the state of Alabama are available and are included in the Samford Libraries Catalog.
The collection also houses most reglious newspapers published in the Southeast before 1940 including the following:
- Alabama Baptist and variant titles, 1843 to date.
- Alabama Christian Advocate (Methodist); 1881 - 1960 (MFP 2.5)
- Baptist Courier (South Carolina), 1869 - 1900 (MFP 3.19)
- Baptist and Reflector (Tennessee), 1889 - 1920 (MFP 3.3)
- Baptist Standard (Texas), 1892 - 1940 (MFP 3.25)
- Biblical Recorder (North Carolina), 1834 - 1940 (MFP 3.2)
- Christian Index (Georgia), 1822 - 1940 (MFP 3.5)
- Florida Baptist Witness, 1885 - 1940 (MFP 3.24)
- Religious Herald (Virginia), 1828 - date (MFP 3.4)
- Tennessee Baptist, 1835 - 1839; 1844 - 1888 (MFP 3.8)
- Western Recorder, 1835 - 1862; 1865 - 1940 (MFP 3.1)
More titles are available in the Samford Libraries Catalog. Refine your search but selecting format: Journal/Magazine/News